Study in Malaysia
Malaysia is a country of contrasts and an interesting place to study. Quality of living and affordability make Malaysia a prime, hassle-free study destination for international students. Malaysia is also carving a name as the center of academic excellence in South-East Asia, where educational opportunities are abundant. Kuala Lumpur, its capital, is a modern technologically-developed hub of business and trade. According to an official release Malaysia had an overall ranking as world’s 10th most competitive country. It has advance and independent economy. World Bank has reported Malaysia as world’s 24th most business friendly country.
Why Study in Malaysia
• Malaysia is an increasingly popular place to get tertiary education with more than 40,000 international students from over 100 countries studying in Malaysia. It is the center of academic and higher education excellence in the region.
• Malaysia’s higher education system is of international standards, closely monitored by the Ministry of Higher Education, which has the vision to turn Malaysia into a Center of Excellence for Higher Education. The Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA) under the Ministry of Higher Education is a quality assurance body responsible for monitoring and overseeing the quality assurance practices and accreditation of national higher education.
• In Malaysia, international and local students are able to get foreign degree qualifications from universities in Australia, US, UK, France, Canada, etc. through twinning and 3+0 degrees, as well as foreign university campuses that are already setup in Malaysia.
• The expenditure of studying and living in Malaysia is comparatively low to other countries as the Malaysian currency conversion is advantageous.
• Malaysia is a newly industrialised country where we have outpaced our developing counterparts. The infrastructure in Malaysia is one of the most developed in Asia with state-of-the-art health care and medical facilities, advanced telecommunications infrastructure, world-class university campus and facilities, and best expressway network in South East Asia.
• International students studying in Malaysia will get to experience of living in a plural and multicultural society. The ethnic diversities of Malaysia expose students to a value-added life, global outlook and better understanding of different cultures, ethnic groups and traditions throughout the world. There are three major races in Malaysia namely the Malays, Chinese and Indians together with other ethnic minorities. Apart from mixing with Malaysian students, international students are also exposed to other students from different nationalities.
• Malaysia is a politically sound and geographically safe country free from natural disasters. With its modern infrastructure and efficient transportation system, Malaysia makes a safe and comfortable place to live and study.
• International students benefit from the easy and trouble-free immigration procedures as compared to many other countries which have tighter student immigration procedures.
• Although Malay and English are widely used in Malaysia for daily communications, the diversity of the Malaysian society has put into place the wide use of many other languages and dialects such Mandarin, Tamil, Cantonese, Hakka, Foochow, Hindi, Telugu, Malayalam and other indigenous languages.
• University application Form.
• Copy of Valid Passport.
• Recognised qualification certificate(s) / Transcript(s).
Please note that all academic documents should be attested from concerned bodies(e.g HEC, IBCC etc).
• One Picture.
• 2 Reference/Recommendation letters.
• English Language Test: IELTS, TOEFL, GMAT or university preferred Test.
• Statement of Purpose(SOP), at least 500 words.
• Experience Letter(if applicable)
• Resume(if applicable)
Bank Statement / Living Cost:Rs. 100,000 (of last 6 months)
Malaysian Embassy Fees:Rs. 6000 (Visa Fees:670; VLN Fee: 3500; Service Fee: 1,830)
• Alternative Entry Pathways(Certificates/Diplomas)
• Undergraduate Degrees
• Postgraduate Degrees / Diplomas / Certificates
• PhD. Programmes